CITI Healthcare’s Patient Buddy is a powerful decision and analytics tool that enables better clinical decision-making on the part of clinical staff. This application can also readily function as a Patient-Friendly Patient Information Portal that is fully integrated with the EHR enabling patient-scheduled follow-on appointments and re-ordering of medications; or can be used as a Mobile Patient Portal front-end!
- Better communication and interaction between the patient and care coordinator
- Meaningful and actionable data for the Hospital Case Manager
- Powerful analytics tools to view the patient’s progress
- Sophisticated medication adherence tools that help keep the patient on track
- Graphical feedback mechanism provides information to the patient on their progress
- Keeps the patient motivated through gamification
- Keeps the patient better informed which increases their compliance and reduces the cost to treat them
- Patient Buddy can be integrated with any certified EHR & HIE
A solution for the rising costs and penalties for Healthcare Oganizations (2015):
- Readmission average cost: $12,000.00
- Penalty for Medicare payments is up to 3%
- $428M estimated total for readmissions penalties
- 2,638 facilities were penalized. The highest penalty for a single facility was almost $3.3M.
- 39 hospitals were penalized at least $1M.
- Only 799 of the 3,400 hospitals subject to the Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program performed well enough on the CMS'
30-day readmission program to face no penalty
- $274K average penalty for hospitals
- $10.7M is the amount of total penalty for the hospitals receiving the maximum 3%