• Design, Develop, document, test and debug new and existing data infrastructure to securely store
and retrieve County system information utilizing Cloud based data warehouse and data lake
architecture or other on-premises SQL Server architecture.
Role and Responsibilities
• Maintains active relationships across various agencies and departments to determine business
requirements, leads requirements gathering meetings and reviews designs with various stakeholders.
• Migrate and integrate disparate system data from legacy systems into centralized data warehouse,
advocating for standardization, reviewing performance results, and preparing for implementations.
• Perform and maintain existing portfolio of ETL tasks to integrate data from multiple heterogeneous sources using SQL Server Integration Services.
• Write stored procedures and queries to customize extraction procedures using Microsoft SQL Server and other Cloud base platforms.
• Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts.
• Establish and maintain data standards and data dictionary to promote consistent data exchange across various systems.
• Optimize new and current database systems (distribution, relational, object-oriented, cloud, centralized databases); and analyzing structural requirements for new software and database systems.
• Define data solution scope and objectives and supervise the preparation of technical and/or functional specifications.
• Perform technical design reviews and code reviews.
• Ensure unit test is completed and meet the test plan requirement and responsible for delivery of application technology solutions.
• Provide training, documentation for knowledge transfer to other department or IT team members and communicate both to non-technical users and to technical personnel within the county.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Significant experience with any of the following technologies: OLTP Database platforms, MPP Data warehousing, Big Data solutions, Spark, NoSQL solutions, data migration scenarios including hybrid and pure cloud data solutions, data ingestion, data transformation, OLAP Database platforms, data warehousing, business intelligence and analytics, relational databases,
concurrency, scalability, high availability, security, performance tuning OR related.
• Extensive experience about ETL/ELT, data integration, transformation, and modeling. Specialized on the design, development, and documentation of large-scale data objects from disparate data sources. Emphasis on data analytics and reporting is a plus.
• Significant experience with designing, installing, upgrading, configuring and administering Microsoft SQL Server in both on premise via SSIS and cloud environment.
• Significant experience of designing and developing data models on SQL / KQL platforms for analytical purposes (e.g., MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL-Server, or Azure Synapse)
• Expertise with cloud provider solutions such as Azure (Preferred), AWS or GCP.
• Experience with a variety of Database technologies: RDBMS, NoSQL, Search, Data Lakes, Time Series, etc.
• Proficient in at least a subset of the Data & AI Azure Services including varying flavors of running SQL Server in Azure, all facets of Azure Synapse, Azure Databricks, Cosmos DB, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, IoT Hub, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Functions, Azure Logic Apps, etc.
• Experience working with semi-structured and unstructured data storage projects.
• Deep knowledge and experience utilizing Spark data frames, manipulating HDFS data using Python and PySpark, manipulating relational data using spark SQL, performance fine turning and handling of large datasets.
• Experience working with Microsoft SQL databases, SSIS / SSRS development, Deployment of ETL packages and development of OLAP / SSAS Cubes.
• Experience working in a diverse organization and ability to work with partners from within DIT/County Agency and outside, across different departments as well as other IT providers.
• Demonstrated excellent communication, written, presentation and problem-solving skills to validate, propose and influence solution architecture as well as transfer knowledge on best practices to other Data Engineers, Architects, Executives, external vendors, etc.
• 8+ years of experience designing and developing data warehouses or data lakes within the Microsoft ecosystem
• Certification in two or more of the following technologies preferred: Azure Synapse, Azure SQL Database, Azure AI, Azure IoT, Power BI, Azure Solutions Architect Expert, Python, R.
• Experience in Azure AI & ML Capabilities including Azure Machine Learning service, Azure Databricks, Azure Cognitive Services, and the overall Machine Learning Life Cycle (MLOPS).
• Experience of presenting and explaining complex concepts and topics in a simple, business value context to senior level management and non-technical partners/stakeholders.
• Experience of working with Healthcare systems and Health-related Data.
© Creative Information Technology, Inc. All rights reserved.