The candidate will be expected to provide support to the Windows Server environment, Microsoft Exchange Server and SQL server. Work with systems and network to ensure efficient and optimal operation of our computing environment. The candidate will also get involved in recommending and implementing corrective solutions. Must be customer service oriented with strong oral, verbal and written communication skills, and familiar with IT systems and software applications. Azure or AWS experience is desired.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist senior engineers to develop solutions
- Assist with the development and implementation of security controls and technologies to systems
- Manage security patches deployment to the systems
- Manage Windows servers and technology tools
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through security controls and technologies
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
Qualifications and Education Requirement:
- 5+ years of experience as a Desktop Support/ Network Support Tech. Must have or be able to pass ITIL Foundation certification test.
- Experience with Symantec Endpoint Protection or any other Endpoint protection technology
- Experience with Veeam Backup and Replication or any other Backup technology
- Experience with VMware 5.5 including VLAN and Enterprise Plus features
- Experience with Log Analyzer tools and Microsoft PowerShell
- Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- The candidate must be flexible, have Windows AD, workstation and server experience, great work ethic, solid common sense, and a passion for IT.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner as well as plan for future projects and network needs.
Any Other Special Requirements or Comments
Work with IT team to:
- Design and develop Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans
- Manage Switches, Firewalls, Servers and networking devices
- Support Windows Server environments
- Manage and improve Data Backup procedures