Position: Project Manager
Location: Washington DC
Period: 3 Years
KEY: Experience in Health & Human Services (Child Welfare)
Responsibilities: The project manager is a full-time role dedicated to the project, requiring a person with a minimum of seven (7) years of product development and implementation experience with a minimum of 2 years’ experience performing the role in the child welfare domain. This resource is responsible for day-to-day management of tasks and project schedule.
Skills: "Lead Facilitator - is the main point of contact for the DCFS Project Director.
• Planning Activities - Contractor is expected to meet regularly with program management to provide status of projects and receive feedback on performance and priorities.
• Cost Control - Contractor is expected to monitor and analyze costs proactively, proposing cost reduction initiatives where feasible.
• Issue and Risk Management - Contractor will provide updated risk assessments as new risks arise. The Engagement Director shall be on site for the life of the Contract. Seven (7) years of project management experience in systems development and implementation projects of similar scope and complexity;
• Five (5) years of project management experience in Web development or large scale SOA implementation projects in Agile/Mixed environments;
• Experience in the management of projects in accordance with the Agile development methodology;
• Experience in the use of project management tools and techniques;
• Experience in dealing with a diverse set of people and ideas and demonstrating a spirit of openness, adaptability and willingness to work toward compromise when needed;
• Ability to contribute toward creating a harmonious results-oriented team;
• Experience in the implementation, operations, and maintenance of a large scale IT system or other health care claims processing or eligibility system project in an Agile environment;
• Ability to adapt to ambiguous situations on a consistent basis;
• Knowledge in system requirements definition and analysis, test plan definition and execution, and performance measurement;
• Knowledgeable in Enterprise Architecture, network communications, and infrastructure development and interoperability;
• Knowledge of Child Welfare needs and requirements;
• Ability to work independently and lead specific tasks;
• Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products."