- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical team members and stakeholders translating complex information in business terms for building decision support systems.
- Provide product demos to stakeholders, customers and other interested parties for the business domains.
- Elicit requirements using various, creative techniques (interviews, document analysis, legacy report analysis, data analysis, business process descriptions, use cases, prototyping, mock-ups).
- Facilitate Backlog Grooming meetings between multiple teams and stakeholders (internal or external).
- Conduct both business and technical requirements analysis to determine the needs of a stakeholder or the feasibility/scope of a project.
- Translate broad business requirements into fully detailed technical specifications for the Agile development team; evaluate requirements for completeness.
- Document and manage requirements through user stories as part of the SAFe Agile Development Lifecycle.
- Identify options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability and respond to questions.
- Provide preliminary design specifications (mockups, wire-frames).
- Conduct data, metadata and statistical analysis to provide direction or support for project decisions.
- Facilitate user acceptance testing (UAT). Analyze feedback for communication to the Agile development team.
- Develop and maintain relationships between the business departments, the Agile development teams and other IT departments.
- Author, review and maintain project documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Active Secret clearance required
- Experience with Agile development lifecycle including the ability to define and document features, user stories, and tasks.
- Experience organizing and maintaining Product and Sprint backlogs
- Attention to details and numbers
- Ability to become a primary and secondary Subject Matter Expert (SME) on business domains.
- Ability to master usage of the reporting toolset i.e. SAP Business Objects, HANA and Oracle.
- Database experience with SQL or authoring SQL queries
- Knowledge and experience in collecting data from various data sources and validating, combining, structuring, storing, distributing, analyzing and reporting data and trends.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to manage detail work on multiple work streams and communicate status effectively to all levels
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Strong data analysis skills
- Strong Individual contributor
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills while possessing ability to build strong rapport with customers and team members
- Exceptional presentation skills; able to communicate data, analyses and findings effectively and clearly.
- Prior experience with Department of State systems and/or processes a plus
- 5 or more years with SDLC of large complex government software systems preferred
- Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) development, enterprise reporting & analytic tools and decision support solutions preferred.
- Previous experience with Business Intelligence tools e.g. SAP Business Objects, MicroStrategy, IBM Cognos, Oracle OBIEE is preferred.
- Familiarity with Data warehouse designs and modelling patterns e.g. star schemas, data marts, etc.
Certifications in data analysis or related fields.